Saturday, February 11, 2012

Work it

The vast majority of people will not read this and yet I struggle with my composition.  Why do I care?  Very few people will read this and yet, I am  a slave to the blog.  I've made a commitment and I do no want to fail.  I do not want to disappoint the few followers I have.  I am a victim of my own enslavement. Strapped to the keyboard with nothing but my own ideas.  Expression is usually a liberating experience but tonight it is my chore.  Something I am compelled to complete, like walking the dog or taking out the trash.  It has to get done, but I am remiss about my obligation. There are other things I would rather do tonight but I follow through with my task.  I am a slave to my blog and I will do as instructed but I will wish for better circumstances. Tonight is one of those nights where I hope for something better but I work with what I have.

There are times in all of our lives when we wish for a different landscape.  Give me flowers and I want trees.  Give me trees and I want fields.   Give me fields and I want sun.  Give me the sun and I want the moon.  Give me the moon and I want stars. Give me the stars and I want the words. Give me the words and I'll write you a script that delivers your dreams, but it's your task to decipher the dream from reality...there is always work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment