Monday, February 20, 2012

Acuminate & Ruminate

At present, I have eighty-seven drafts of some sort in my blog library.  Eighty-seven incomplete thoughts awaiting my finishing touches, or it some cases, a body to go along with the initial dawning.  It strikes me like a thunderous boom, just how much this mirrors my life.  I am a scattered mess of disorganization.  My house is a collection of ideas, blown in on the winds of a hurricane, laying atop counters, desks, folders and baskets.  I struggle to filter what breezes through my hands because I am afraid I will discard something of value.  I have tasks that await completion, similar to my entries that need attention.  I flit from one chore to the next succumbing to the distractions that draw my eyes from the present in front of me to the whirlwind that calls me.  I am initially engaged, but then, there are so many other things that entice me.  I lack the focus needed to stay on task, and there it is, focus is the key element I need to master. 


If I can focus my mind like I focus my camera, perhaps I will regain an order and semblance to my chores, my blog and my life.  If I can zoom in on the task at hand, I should be able to magnify exactly what it is, I would like to shine through...crystal clear and as sharp as a quill, poised for acuminous adage, one windfall at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment