Sunday, February 19, 2012

Internal Compass

The true measure of a person's dedication is in their ability to remain committed to their covenant regardless of whether or not any other eyes are watching.  Those that will finish the race without an audience, are truly self directed individuals who need only their internal compass to guide them.  They do not need a blue ribbon to signify their place in life, they know better than anyone, where they're going and how they're going to get there and they'll be the first ones to arrive.
From the soles of her feet to the core of my heart, I have never seen my daughter Kerrin inspire me more than she did during Cross Country season. She proved to me that her courage comes from deep within her soul and with the fortitude of someone years beyond her, she displayed an internal compass and moral drive that filled me with tears of pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment