Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bottomless Basket

The other day, the bottom fell out of my basket.  Yes, everything dropped and I was left standing there with my empty container wondering what happened.  It didn't appear weak nor did it feel unstable, it just gave out.  I guess the demands I put on it, or shall I say in it, were too grand.  I expected more than it's capabilities and it just collapsed.  I was left to wonder, if I stacked things differently, perhaps took more care to pack it right, would it have held up?
Then today, the rug was pulled out from under my feet, causing a collapse that was unforeseen and crushing.  Again, I was left to wonder, what happened?  Did I not take care to stabilize and solidify my footing?  Was I careless in my gait and took too large a leap?  Did I trust too much in the strength of my legs?  Did I not take into account the slickness of the surface. 
The belief was there but the fortitude wasn't. When these things happen what does it mean?  To take a leap of faith and falter on structure is an immensely upsetting ordeal, yet what can I take from this? 
Trust only in what you know can bear the burden of your weight, unless you want to be another broken discard, useless and empty, save for the shreds you can try to recycle, starting over to build a better basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment