Tuesday, February 28, 2012

One Man Band

I have become a one man band mastering a variety of sounds and a visual display of interesting perspective. Starting with my second chin that has arrived in splendor. It is a generous bulge that waddles and flaps it's on conversation, as I struggle to remain focused on what my first chin is trying to express. From whence it came I do not know but it's looking pretty comfortable in it's new home. Moving on to the arms that have birthed a new layer. When I walk, the necessary arm swing generates enough wind propulsion to kick start the windmills that are sprouting up all over. As they glide across my sides, a subtle sound can be heard that simulates a bow being slowly drawn across the strings of a base cello, not at all like the whistling my bulbous thighs enact when I walk but a more solid, deeper tone. My obliques have taken on the look of an accordion, folding and releasing as my weight shifts from one foot to the other, again, slight squishing sounds can be heard as the folds compress and open with each step. All of this is accompanied by the random snapping and popping of miscellaneous joints and bones, straining to transport the excess baggage that is my body. It's quite a sight to see and as alarming as a one man band. Should you hear any of the aforementioned sounds coming your way, step aside and enjoy the show, it's only around for a limited engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment