Thursday, February 16, 2012

Piloga (acrostic)

My daughter Kerrin and I did an exercise class together tonight and it was a challenge.  Neither one of us have a terribly strong core, and half an hour was dedicated to intense ab work.  It's funny how quickly the burn kicks in when you have no abdominal strength.  My stomach actually started to cramp and spasm.  I thought I was literally going to bust a gut!!  Kerrin did great, but I did catch her giving me the evil eye on more than one occasion. 
I am quite surprised at just how out of shape I've become.  I used to be the picture of health (for a middle aged person that is)  One class I used to do regularly was Piloga, which is a combination of Pilate's and Yoga.  This was one of my favorite challenges and I got quite good at it, but my initial attempts left me aching and sore, just like I'm sure I will be tomorrow.  Perhaps I'll coerce Kerrin into joining me in this class next, but I'll have to prepare her before we go, so here' a little acrostic poem I wrote when I first started taking the Piloga classes:

P lease tell me that it's over         
I think I'm gonna snap                 
L unging legs of lumber               
O h , My aching back                   
G ood God it's been ten minutes  
A nd it's balance, squat and scoop

C runches!! Are you kidding        
  L et's lie here and recoup              
 A bdominals are screaming           
  S TOP THE TORTURE NOW!          
  S ix more and we'll be finished       
  ! *#~  I'd rather be a cow                 


Ah, the memories, I can't wait to get started, but maybe I won't show Kerrin the poem!







No comments:

Post a Comment