Thursday, March 1, 2012

Birds Fly


There's a lot of good stuff in here, if I could just find it. Sound familiar???
Well, maybe not in the same context, but, many a night when I sit down to write, this is what goes through my mind.  Sometimes, I have the topic all ready to go.  It's generally something that happens during the day, whether it is a discussion, an event, or just an awakening, I have a basis for my blog.  Other nights, like tonight, I have to dig deep, really, really deep, to unearth the reveal.
There are an amazing array of ideas that flit through my mind throughout the day and most often they storm when I'm sleeping.  Often, I awake to write them down, but lately I've just been, too damn tired.  As I roll over and snooze away, I know I've just let the bird fly.  Sometimes they come back and sometimes they don't, it's a risk I've grown familiar with, and of late, the bird is long gone.  So I am left to sit, with keyboard at the ready, and just improvise.
Much of what I write is undeveloped and I have to put it back in the incubator to grow. When I'm struggling to write, I'll go back to my drafts to see if I can nurture them, feed them and kick them out of the nest.  Right now I have an estate of a nest. No one's ready to fly the coop and I'm putting on an expansive addition.
As I allow my revelations to swirl about, I am thankful that I have a mind that is creative enough to stir up a theme with little more than two words.  Tonight I saw a bird fly and this is what he brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment