Monday, May 21, 2012

Over the Top- Under the Radar

I have always been one of those people that has a slight affinity for individualism.  I love to be different than the masses, but there is a delicate balance between standing out and being odd, the later of which has no appeal to me.  In order to make an impact, I find myself a tiny bit obsessed with creativity and I may be guilty of going a little bit over the top.  This only happens when I find myself  directing a project or predominantly in control of the end result.  I am not one to take over and dictate, but I am one to volunteer when I feel I have the creative drive to generate something impactful. Everything I do becomes, to some extent, a personal extension of myself, yet I  am not comfortable being the center of attention.  If I sprinkle each event with just enough of a twist, it allows me to stand out for a brief moment and then recede back into obscurity.  It gives me a sense of achievement while also allowing me to keep my image nebulous.  A rather interesting dynamic, flamboyant  flare flying under the radar.  It's a balancing act and lately I've had a great deal of time to think about how crucial balance is in our lives.  Perfecting equipoise however it strikes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment