Monday, January 3, 2011

1/3/11 Fallen

I fell today... hard. 
I am told it was a graceful collapse, but I wonder.  How graceful can one be, when they have lost control, slipping on a round fuzzy ball, both feet in the air and then CRASH, on the left hip, in a skirt no less? Of course it was on a hard court, no give or cushion (other than that, which I had amassed over the holiday hooplah).  I can not remember the last time I fell, never mind on a tennis court, but it was a valient effort to retrieve that topspin lob that sent me to the back curtain where the retired balls congregate when their play time is over.  After the fall, I sat and pondered.  Is this yet another sign, that retire is what I should do as well?  Was this a smacking correlation that I belong with those retired balls, fallen and discarded at the back of the court.  Should I take this accident as no accident at all, but fate issuing it's desires on me?  Is it time to listen to the call of the dead ball and toss it in, or, I guess in this case, out?  I guess I'll see what fate brings me tomorrow.  Tonight I am on ice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment