Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/2/11 Cloud Cover

The air was heavy today, thick and dismal, saturated with a dampness that was visible and blinding.  So heavy, lights were dulled to the point of mutation. It was as if the clouds were sinking and settling on the earths' surface, no longer suspended above. It seemed to me, a parallel of sorts.  Indicative of my own body, saturated from the extensive eating and drinking that has become synonymous with the holidays, I too, feel like a sinking cloud.  What was the joy and splendor of the holidays is now a numb memory, dulled by the lethargy that settles in my being, clouded with a covering of excess. All good things must come to an end and my body has had enough. Time to dry out and float the clouds once more!!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment