Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Very Simple Pen

If I can write words, on a very simple page
and these words can prompt reaction and emotion - set the stage
If you can give me paper and a very simple pen
I have found poetry, to be my closest friend
It is with me in the night, when I find I can not sleep
when my thoughts and concerns and my worries will not keep
It sees me through the times when my mind is a mess
I organize my feelings and with paper I confess
and though I may not show it when you see me passing by
with the ink in my pen, many tears I do cry
If only with my paper and my simple pen in hand
I could solve the problems of this very troubled land
If pen could bring peace I would cover the world with ink
and if poetry brought kindness - all in rhyme I would think

No comments:

Post a Comment