Sunday, August 1, 2010

7/18/10 - A letter to Connor

Before you could speak, I sang lullabies to you, filling your mind with the serenity and peace, I wished would fill your days
When you were new to walking, I would bring you to the beach and do hand stands for you, to show you there is more than one way to walk.
As you began to explore the world, I introduced you to what I knew and remained open to your new adventures
As you began to understand, I challenged you with the unknown so you would continue to strive for more
As you began to interact with others, I encouraged respecting diversity, so you would learn to see the qualities each individual has to offer
As you began to express yourself, I listened closely, so you would learn the value of a good ear
As your judge of character developed, I trusted your choices, to show you the importance of making your own decisions
As you continued to learn, I invited a variety of mediums, in order for you to find what brings you pleasure
When you started to expand beyond my world, I instilled traditions that would remind you of your roots
As your future unfolds and you discover your mentors, I hope you've found your family, to offer, your first good examples
As you move on, I encourage making memories, that will forever, be well worth revisting

No comments:

Post a Comment