Friday, June 11, 2010

6/11/10 It is time

I found out something today
Something I wish I didn't know
but I needed to know
Something that does not sit well
Something that is senseless and sad
like so much of life

Something that forces me to think
of purpose, initiative, productivity and value
of the people I know and what drives each of us
of what it will be like
for so many of us
when things are different, strained, altered and ultimately
gone

what will it be like...

A presence that will soon be gone
a presence that affects me only, slighty
but enormously at the same time
A casual aquiantance that makes me smile
despite the battle she faces every day
a person seen infrequently,
but those random visits, however brief
linger interminably
Terminal and interminable
so similar in sound, yet
extreme opposites in meaning

It is the finality of the terminal
that brings me interminable inspiration



I was once told to write a letter
to someone who has had an impact on me
and send it to them
this someone, has no idea how profoundly she has stirred me
and it is time to write that letter

No comments:

Post a Comment