Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kerrin's Poem- A Rainy Nights Walk

a rainy night can cure anything but security
my breath slid across my face as if it was a cloud covering the last of the light
the patches of trees gave me safety in every step I took
I was holding a leash attached to a timid, and horrified puppy
As the leash was pulled to the direction of my house I let out a sigh of relief
No one was happier than I was
My hair whipped me as if I was in a chase scene in a horror movie
The occassional drips of rain hit the dead grass like bells ringing in a church
The drips left me paranoid to every sound I heard
approaching my house I saw the most beautiful sight of all...
the house lamp post made the dew drop, smothered grass glisten, like the stars above
I look forward to my night walk with Stella every chance I get



No comments:

Post a Comment